Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blacksmithing, Leatherworking and Tailoring in Cataclysm.... YAY!!!

Ok, I've been back and forth about the potential of Cataclysm, some things I like, some things I don't... others I see many people on the fence about (raid lock outs etc). But I did read something last night that just about knocked my socks off... and I'm loving it....

All three professions will create their starter sets of PVP gear, which will be upgraded with new recipes every season. In general, these are meant to keep pace as an entry-level PvP set below whatever the current Hero Point set is.
The source is here so you can read all of the changes. This one thing has me very excited about top tier PVP especially when it comes to rated battlegrounds. On my mains server I have just recently gotten back into PVP, especially in BG's, and I will be trying Arena's again, though every other time I went as heals, this time I am trying to be a Prot Paladin WEEEEE.

But this one change, since my prot paladin is a 450 blacksmith/engineer at the moment, I am expecting a whole LOAD of fun with, being able to get right into PVP with a decent gear set should make it very enjoyable. Also for those characters that I am still leveling there shouldn't be nearly the "Wall of Entry" that many of my toons currently face. I do have a max tailor, blacksmith, and Tini/KTA has a max level leatherworker, we have both been nursing there professions for quite a while, usually only using them for the Auction house and helping out guildies. Now, oh now we can actually use them for a reasonable purpose. Yeah yeah, I know, technically supplying our toons with level 80 blue gear isn't a bad idea, but to me it is much better to be able to outfit a character that I want to pvp with, with a bunch of epics, even if it's "last season's".

So join me in rejoicing this idea, which I heard many people wishing had happened when the Deadly Glad's season came out. Blizz has heard our cries, and given us a tissue.

Tonight we take our first steps into WSG on Chrgr and Tinibubbles, wish us luck. And if I actually have any readers yet, feel free to roll an alt for pvp leveling, we have no minimum level requirement and welcome anyone that finds some joy in battle while leveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment